Luke 4:18-19

"The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because He has annointed me to preach Good News to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favour". Luke 4:18 & 19

05 May, 2013

LIFE HAS SPEED BUMPS

In life there are many things that can happen to cause us to think that our dreams, passion and destiny is now null and void and never going to happen. Hope and vision can easily be snuffed out – if we let it.  

In Australia, like many other countries, our streets have many speed bumps everywhere. They are used to cause drivers to slow down. Unfortunately we have some riduculously high speed bumps and the speed required to get over these humps is extremely slow. We also have smaller ones where we do not need to slow down as much. All we need to do as drivers is too ascertain the size of the hump as to the speed we need to take to safely get over to the other side.

As drivers there are a couple of things that we don't do when we see a speed bump. We don't see a speed bump and say "well I was not meant to be out driving today" and then turn around and go home and we definitely don't say that "I will never drive again because I came across a speed bump". This may seem a riduculous thing to do, however in life many of us hit a circumstance, or tragedy and we literally do this with our passions, gifts, destiny and the call of God on our lives. 
Speed bumps in our lives can present themselves in many shapes and forms. For some it can be a relationship breakdown, illness, the loss of a job, disappointment, betrayal, the loss of a loved one, and loved ones who have addictions. This is definitely not an exhaustive list and I am sure that as you are reading this, you could add your own grief or situation to this list.

I have personally hit many many speed bumps in my life, and so have most of you. There were times that I thought that my gifts, passions, destiny and the call of God of my life were no longer applicable because of those circumstances. But I did begin to learn that my challenge was to slow down to the required speed for the size of the speed bump, so I could navigate myself to the other side, and then I could pick up speed and carry on.
When we are driving somewhere and we reach a speed bump, it does not mean that we can no longer keep driving to our destination. A speed bump just means that it is time to slow down until we are on the other side.

Whatever your speed bump is today, my encouragement to you is that you just need to slow down for the required speed needed for that hump. Do not negate the gifts, the destiny, the call of God on your life because of that circumstance. This season in your life requires you to go slower, BUT DO NOT STOP, TURN BACK OR GIVE UP. Keep moving forward and keep your eyes focused on a loving God who knows everything we are going through. A God who brings us through the fire and can be trusted. 

Galatians 6:9
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

Philippians 3:14
I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.


Blessings
Paula
          xo

No comments:

Post a Comment